The City of Shelby’s Safety & Risk Management Division of Human Resources administers the City’s Safety and Risk Management Programs, which include; Employee Safety, Workers’ Compensation, Occupational Safety and Health OSHA Compliance, Liability Claims Management and Investigation, Property Casualty Insurance Programs.
City of Shelby Safety & Risk Management Goals:
- Provide a safe environment for employees and the public
- Prevent and minimize the financial impact of losses to the City of Shelby
- Prevent and minimize the physical losses to City owned property, when possible
- Reduce the frequency and severity of personal injuries to employees and the public
- Promote safe work practices among employees