Our Marketing Department is here to help you enjoy the benefits of natural gas for your home or business. Natural gas is a safe, reliable and environmentally friendly energy source. Approximately 55% of the homes in the United States heat with clean natural gas. Some of the uses for natural gas include space heating, water heating, cooking, clothes drying, lighting, outdoors grills and industrial/commercial processes.
How to become a Natural Gas Customer
- Check for gas availability by calling (704) 669-2520
- Arrange an appointment to meet with our Utilities Service Specialist at your home or business
- The meter and service line location will be determined
- The account application will be completed and any fees for the gas service line will be collected
Shelby Utilities offers an attractive Natural Gas Rebate Plan for current and new customers as well as builders/developers, commercial and industrial accounts.
The City of Shelby through its wholesale power supplier, North Carolina Municipal Power Agency Number 1, now offers rebates for high efficiency electric heat pumps and electric water heaters to our Electric customers. The Heat Pump/Water Heater Rebate Plan is designed to encourage energy efficiency in the home or other residential property.
You may download a form by clicking on Natural Gas Rebate Form or Electric Rebate Form.
We also offer an Energy Star Rebate for new residential dwellings earning an energy star rating of 85 or less.
Other Programs Offered
- Energy conservation
- For groups
- Basic energy audits for Shelby's electric customers
- Energy Depot click here. Concerned about energy efficiency? Check out this online energy audit or energy comparison tool. Made available through our partnership with ElectriCities as an NCMPA1 member.
- Conservation tips for your home or business click here.
- Gas Main Line expansion information for new development properties or communities
For additional information, contact Cale Wright at (704) 669-2520 or email email@example.com.
Our office is located at the George W. Clay, Jr. Utility Operations Center, 824 West Grover Street, Shelby, NC 28150.
“Gas... the natural choice”
In August 2010, Shelby's Marketing Department received the ElectriCities NCMPA1 Energy Efficiency Award for energy efficiency promotion to Shelby's utility customers. Shelby has achieved this status for FIVE consecutive years.