faq detailed response

<< return to previous page

Category: Utilities

We think we may have a leak. Can the City help us determine whether we have a leaking waterline?

The City is responsible for the public waterlines and the service lines up to the meter. The City can investigate any suspected leaks on the public mains, the service line from the public main to the meter and around the meter itself. The City can usually determine if the leak is on the customer's side of the meter by seeing if the meter turns with all faucets and spigots off. If the leak is determined to be on the customer's side of the meter, then the City will advise the customer that it is their responsibility to fix the leak and they should contact a plumber.

copyright 2006-2007 City of Shelby, NC - All Rights Reserved
website design by Biz Tools One