faq detailed response

<< return to previous page

Category: Utilities

How do I get utilities turned on without paying a deposit?

Per the City of Shelby's Utility Security Deposit Policy, a new customer may forego a deposit if the customer can supply a letter of credit from a previous utility provider that displays a payment history with no late payments or returned checks. The utility service must be a comparable utility service to the service provided by the City. A customer may also forego a deposit by supplying a guarantor to sign the service agreement taking full responsibility for any past due amounts on the account. The guarantor must be a current utility customer with the City and must have a payment history that reflects no late payments and no returned checks.

copyright 2006-2007 City of Shelby, NC - All Rights Reserved
website design by Biz Tools One