Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Public Works : street maintenance : FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

Emergency Street Contact: Call 704-484-6845, Shelby Police Department

New/Re-surface Road Schedule: Call 704-484-6846

How do I report potholes, storm drains, tree/bushing needs trimming, sidewalk repair, or right-of-way inquiries?
Call our Administration Office at 704-484-6846 or email us about your inquiry or concern, with as much detail on the address, location, and description as possible to: scott.black@cityofshelby.com

How can I find out when my trash pickup is?
Call our Administration Office at 704-484-6846 or search our Sanitation Department webpage for more information about trash pickup and scheduling.

Someone stole/ran over/destroyed a street sign. How can I report this to the city?
Call Streets and Traffic at 704-484-6846 to report sign problems.

I'm ready for a new driveway. How do I get a permit? Call 704-484-6829.

I saw water flowing out of a manhole/toilet/drain. Who do I call?
Customers who observe a manhole or storm drain overflow should report these to the Public Works Department between the hours of 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at 704-484-6846 or after hours at 704-484-6845.  If you observe overflow from your toilet please report to Customer Services at: 704-484-6866.

I've noticed deep water buildup on the roads after a heavy rain. Who do I call?
In case of street drainage problems, call the Public Works Administration Office at 704-484-6846.

I have a dead animal in front of my house on the street. Can you remove it please?
For dead animal removal, call 704-484-6846 during business hours.